Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Hang On' says Google. Cloud is comming

Beans

'Hang On' says Google. Cloud is comming

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 'Hang On' says Google. Cloud is comming

Sorry, Google Cloud. Too little, too late. Ubuntu One already asked me to the prom, and though at first he looked a little scruffy and I didn't really want my parents to meet him, he cleaned up real good. Today, I trust Ubuntu One with my music and everything.

Thanks for the invite, though.

TTFN,

Docaltmed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Well, it's more storage than Dropbox comes with by default, and there are still a couple of little bits of my soul I haven't sold to Google yet. I doubt the systray icon will be as pretty. = P

I'm curious about the bit where you can add "comments" to any sort of file. What exactly are they talking about there?

Beans

Don't need it. My stuff is already handled, tyvm.

Beans

The trouble with Ubuntu 1 is that it doesn't support Mac OS (or does it now?). I have one Ubuntu laptop, two Macs that run Ubuntu in a VM, a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air. All need to exchange data and so far DropBox seems to work best in spite of its limitations.

Beans

Ubuntu One was actually newsworthy back in the Spring of 2009. Today, a free cloud service isn't even interesting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just click on this link for to get dropbox
    http://db.tt/IN0I8IhC

I have been using this and it works perfectly. For me integrating to my phone is also very important and this happens automatically. I can also select file to keep constantly synchronized with my phone which is just great.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Does Ubuntu One sync with a local folder, like Dropbox does? Or do you just upload/download things manually?
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Does Ubuntu One sync with a local folder, like Dropbox does? Or do you just upload/download things manually?

It will automagically sync with the folder(s) of your choice.

I wasn't a fan of U1 for its first few years, but they really did get all the bugs worked out. I now have several different computers syncing via U1, nary a hiccup.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaltmed View Post
    It will automagically sync with the folder(s) of your choice.
    Cool. The only thing I can't tell is whether they have a working client for Android or not. It seems like the only thing for Android is a subscription based client for streaming music from your Ubuntu One account. Is that how it is, or do they actually have an Android client where you can access all your files for free?

I consider this on topic because I'm trying to compare Ubuntu One to Google Drive. Hopefully they'll get a client for Linux sooner rather than later. They don't have a problem using Linux to make a profit with Android.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast