Thread: Slow syncing and "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_rootdir'" error

Threaded View

Beans

Exclamation Slow syncing and "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_rootdir'" error

I'm having a couple difficulties with Ubuntu One.

First, it doesn't seem to be syncing my files with my Windows XP machines I have it installed on. I put my music folder into my Ubuntu one folder on my laptop with Ubuntu installed on it. It took it a while, but it finished syncing on the files to my account on 04/11/12. But as for 04/20/12 (last Friday) when I rebooted my computer only ~25% of my files where downloaded onto my Windows XP machine. I know I'm trying to sync ~15gigs of data, but a week and a half and only 1/4 of my songs are sync'd to my Windows machine??? Something seems wrong there.

But Friday did some updates and needed to restart. Figured that might help it anyways.
    But now when I launch the Ubuntu One client, it sits at "Getting Information..." forever, then finally comes up with the error:

Code:
    AttributeError
    "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_rootdir'"
    and shows the Client, but whenever I click on the "Files" tab I get that same error.

EDIT:

Fixed the error by deleting the "syncdaemon" folder, but still no syncing. When I look at the list of folders says last modified 04-10-12.
    Last edited by TorturdChaos; April 23rd, 2012 at 05:57 PM.