Thread: msttcorefonts installation question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

SOLVED msttcorefonts installation question

hi !
    im installing msttcorefonts, and im having a weird obstacle. im sure theres a really obvious way to proceed, and that im having a total dork moment. but, if you can, help, id love it!

im at a screen in my terminal where the installation is stopped, and im supposed "ok" the end-user license agreement...pretty standard stuff. theres the following at the bottom of the page:
    < ok >
    which i assumed i was to click, or something. but, i cant click on the ok, i cant type ok anywhere.....any ideas? ive hit enter bunches of times.

thanks! jenn
    Last edited by feralfinds; April 23rd, 2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: problem solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: msttcorefonts installation question

Press the Tab key on your keyboard and the Okay button should highlight. Then just press Enter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Make sure that the window is selected and then try using the arrow keys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

What version of Ubuntu ? I was wondering because 10.10 has reached end of life . I installed the MS core fonts via the software center on 11.10 and 12.04 and accepted the agreement using a GUI . If you are using 10.10 you may have had to install a different way.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

I went through this yesterday. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1963638

If your problem is the same as mine, which is not necessarily the case, then you are missing a key.

The way I discovered that was closing the terminal, despite the error message, restating my computer, then ran:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    At the end of the process, I was met with error message indicating I was missing a key.

copy that key number and then follow the instructions in post #4 of the linked thread.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need to do a search. I found several sites with several different solutions, though none of them worked until I stumbled upon the solution that is in post #4.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

oh awesome! thanks. the tab trick worked. i was highlighting the word ok with my cursor, but the tab button made it highlighted in red...which i guess made all the difference.

thanks!!!
    jennifer