Thread: Microsoft's Skydrive could be Much better!!

Beans

Microsoft's Skydrive could be Much better!!

As much as I hate to say it, Skydrive has 25Gb. storage and very easy to use, unlike Ubuntu one with 5Gb. I think Ubuntu one is a hard to use pain in the nether region to use. Please don't get me wrong, I love Ubuntu and most all versions on Linux better than Microsoft! But just setting up a file or folder or so in a cloud in Ubuntu one is not easy. I don't want to have my computers, phones and or tablets to bog down updating a bunch of files that don't need to be. Searching to figure out Ubuntu one is not so great either.
    So, my question would be?
    How would you just set up 1 and I mean 1 single folder to sinc over different computers? You know, the files I want to sinc, not every freakin picture, download, email, Facebook, Tweet, well you get the point. I don't want to sinc my hard drive's, just a select few files.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Microsoft's Skydrive could be Much better!!

it seems it has a problem with single directory. just liek windows version then. where you can (could?) only sync the whole my documents folder.

i tested Spideroak. it is slow, but stores the files encrypted.
    was thinking of trying some more while i save money for my own storage/backup micro server. actualyl server is cheap, but disk prices are still way up there in my country...
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup