Thread: File Organize similar to Belvedere

Beans

File Organize similar to Belvedere

is there a file organizer for ubuntu/linux similar to Belvedere for linux that automatically moves,deletes, files according to certain file properties like extension or file type, date created, date last modified, etc

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: File Organize similar to Belvedere

Everything you just explained you can do with Nautilus.

Beans

yeah but i want it to be automated and if nautilus can do this can you explain

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A shell script and cron could do it. Automatically deleting things based on file properties and extensions is playing with fire. Cheers!

Beans

probably not going to delete just mainly move

ps: just need something to organize my downloads folder and move compressed files to etc, exe to software, deb to software/linux etc how would i do this

Beans

thanks for this utility i didnt even know it was there i like it because now i have a way to make an animated gif but how would i split a gif image using this

Beans

I've created an open source, Belvedere/Hazel-inspired project that I'm calling "Maid". If you have RubyGems installed (typical if you have Ruby), it just takes a single command to install:

Code:
    sudo gem install maid --pre
    # And if you don't have RubyGems, this should set you straight:
    # sudo apt-get install rubygems
    Specifying --pre will install pre-release versions, the Maid release candidate version in this case. The first stable release should be coming out within the next week, and I would love to have your input and opinions.

There's more info at http://github.com/benjaminoakes/maid and http://rubygems.org/gems/maid

Maid is based on some code I had written for myself. Eventually, it turned into something I thought others might find useful, so I packaged it up for others to use on Linux and the Mac. I hope it's useful for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

i downloaded and installed the files but i get an run error that says that there is no .maid/rules.rb flother than the obvious answer of "just make one" what can i do to get it to run?
    Lenovo R61i
    running ubuntu 11.10 and crunchbang #!
    registered linux user #453656