to the Film library of documents have Ubuntu "\home\myname\videos

The problem is
    In any situation
    All directory
    Where I put the files of the movies
    The software does not recognize the files as if the directory is empty

Beans

Re: Problem with the software mythbuntu

Mythtv is not the correct software for this. Mythtv is designed primarily to be a PVR, to record and play back TV. It does have some video playback capability, but the TV scheduler, database, and recorder that is the mythtv backend must be configured before anything else in mythtv will work.

The correct software for what you want to do is either XBMC, if you want a complete media center solution for video playback, or possibly just a standalone video player like VLC, Mplayer, or Xine.

Therefore, rather than install Mythbuntu, which is Mythtv specific, you would do better installing one of the regular Ubuntu variants, like Xubuntu, and then install XBMC, VLC, Mplayer, or Xine as you may prefer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Before I installed the mythbuntu
    I installed the xbmc

I went through the installation process
    And end after the system was installed it just did not work
    Computer froze
    Mouse and the keyboard does not respond
    And after three or four minutes, the screen responds as if were in saving mode and a little darkened

I tried to install it several times before I had to give up
    Then I installed the mythbuntu

i have a lenovo computer
    mt-m : 9637 - cto
    s/n : lmddzr0

I asked for help in their {xbmc} forum but I guess they did not encounter this
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127834

In any case I'll have to delete it if you say that this system is built for something else

Beans

This is a bit beyond the scope of this particular forum, which is limited to the installation and use of Mythtv on the various flavors of Ubuntu Linux.

However, you probably received no replies to your XBMC posting because that message was not clear nor complete. In particular the operating system being used on the computer, and, if this operating system was in fact Linux, the distribution and version of Linux being used was not mentioned.

If you choose to use some flavor of Ubuntu Linux as the operating system on your computer for the purpose of watching downloaded videos, you have several options. Mythtv is probably the least satisfactory solution for this because it is intended for TV, assumes you have a television recorder card on or connected to your computer, and is complicated to set up and configure. If you wish to use it anyway, you should read the Mythtv installation manual at: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Index

If you have installed some version of Ubuntu Linux on your computer (Ubuntu, Xubuntu, or other) as your operating system, and you wish to try XBMC, you will not be burning XBMC to disk, as it seems you did before, but rather install it directly using a guide such as: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...buntu/HOW-TO_1

Or, finally, if you have installed some flavor of Ubuntu as your operating system, you may install any of the simpler standalone video players previously mentioned (VLC, Mplayer, Xine, or others) directly from the download repositories that Ubuntu uses. And any of these standalone players will be satisfactory for watching downloaded videos.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

YOu need to hit "M" and scan for changes
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thank you
    I did what you said
    I installed Ubuntu first
    Then I added the xbmc

And it works

I wonder why it does not work from the installation that includes both

Anyway

Thank you