Thread: XBMC with dual monitors

Beans

XBMC with dual monitors

It's a fairly simple issue. I have three monitors I use, When I open XBMC it duplicates on all three of my monitors. How can I fix it to where it only opens on one of my monitors? Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: XBMC with dual monitors

IMHO the best way to run XBMC in a multiple monitor setup it to use 'Separate X Screens'.

My desktop doubles duty as a HTPC. It has a regular monitor and an HDTV connected.

Just a thought.
    Regards.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by papibe View Post
    IMHO the best way to run XBMC in a multiple monitor setup it to use 'Separate X Screens'.

My desktop doubles duty as a HTPC. It has a regular monitor and an HDTV connected.

Just a thought.
    Regards.
    Ummmm ok, so how do you set it up in xbmc? I start mine up and it stretches the xmbc screen across half of both monitors and runs slower than crap because of the crossover. Mouse navigation is almost impossible!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you have and Nvidia card and the proprietary driver installed, you can set 'Separate X Screens' on the 'Nvidia X Server Settings' (read here).

If you don't, I only know how to do it manually editing the X configuration file.

Tell us if you need more help with that.

Regards.