Thread: Can't choose update server from GUI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can't choose update server from GUI

Hi all!

I'm testing new Ubuntu in Virtualbox. I've come to problem that I'm unable to choose update server from the "Settings" menu in Update manager (or Synaptic). I can only select Main Server or Main Server for the USA or Main Server for Russian Federation. When I try to choose "Other" server, a window opens with a list of countries. If I click on a country name, nothing happens (in earlier versions it revealed a list of servers available for the country).

Not a big problem, of course, as long as I'm OK with sources.list. Still may be a problem to newbies. I wanted to file a bug but don't know which package it's associated with.

So I'd like to know whether this issue happens with someone else or is this some misconfiguration of my system.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can't choose update server from GUI

The way it's always worked for me, is I click the Select Best Server button, and software-sources goes out and checks which which server has the fastest connection. I have gotten some really strange results at times. I usually use the Main Canadian server, or just select Main and use it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't choose update server from GUI

Thanks!

I clicked Select Best Server and after the tests had been performed I've finally got the list of servers for RF. Though I'd prefer to have this list from the very beginning.
    So I mark the thread as solved.