Thread: finding the microscopic pointer without using control key

finding the microscopic pointer without using control key

Using the feature that makes circles appear around your pointer when you press the control key means you give up the control-scroll zoom feature of firefox and a few other programs. Not a good key choice since the same people are likely to want both features. I can't find any way to remap it. It's not in the MENU:system,preferences,keyboard_shortcuts dialogue. And its way too low key anyway. I don't want a pointer that meekly whispers "here". I want a pointer that shouts "Over here, four eyes!" Metaphorically I mean. Computers should be seen and not heard.

So what I want is a find-the-pointer function that is visually more striking than those wimpy little low key circles, like maybe a silver dollar sized bullseye that is animated with the black and white colors reversing rapidly, and that has a keyboard shortcut that can be changed like any other keyboard shortcut in the keyboard shortcut dialogue.

Failing that, or maybe even to complement it, I'd like a pointer that didn't essentially disappear when it is all the way to the right or all the way to the bottom. Like maybe a fat ring with crosshairs.

If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate them.
    Last edited by Dreamer Fithp Apprentice; March 25th, 2012 at 09:25 AM.