Thread: Lost sound for video

Beans

Lost sound for video

I was watching some MP4 videos, and at some point between two video's, I lost sound. When I started the next video and noticed that I did not have sound for it, I imediately checked my volume and sound settings for the program I was using. I then Checked master volume settings for Ubuntu. So far everything was good. I decided to open the video in VLC, still no sound. So I tried a few other videos of various formats to see if the video itself was the issue... nothing still. Next a played a few songs in banshee, which worked fine, ruling out the loss of all sound all together. I restarted my computer and tried again... still no sound for videos. I tried to update ubuntu, uninstall and reinstall apps and plugins. nothing has worked so far. Can anyone help?

Beans

Re: Lost sound for video

Update: Just checked video sounds on youtube... nothing there either.. Cant seem to find any forum posts that help me... As much as I love Ubuntu, this kind of sucks...

Beans

I am no expert but try installing pavucontrol (pulseaudio volume control) and messing around with those settings.

It can give you details of audio coming from each piece of software.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3djake View Post
    I am no expert but try installing pavucontrol (pulseaudio volume control) and messing around with those settings.

It can give you details of audio coming from each piece of software.

I don't know how this worked... but I was able to un-mute it from here. Thanks. Good call on pavucontrol. all video programs had the same issue. I was able to click un-mute in this app and there it was. My video sound was back. Thanks again. I'm gonna have to look into this problem more to see why it was doing that.