Thread: Webmin, Filesystem Backup and tar files

Beans

Webmin, Filesystem Backup and tar files

Hello,
    I have posted on the webmin http://www.webmin.com/ forums but never got a reply
    I am running webmin 1.580 on FreeBSD 9. I have the Filesystem Backup module configured to backup to a Ubuntu 11.10 box on my network over ssh, I Created a tar file on the Ubuntu box using tar -CF archive.tar and setup Filesystem Backup to backup to it, and the below error occurs. I am able to ssh into the linux box without issue, how should the Tar file be setup or am I missing something simple like using another tar program? Any ideas?

Performing backup of / to tim@192.168.1.2:archive.tar ..

Usage: List: tar -tf <archive-filename>
    Extract: tar -xf <archive-filename>
    Create: tar -cf <archive-filename> [filenames...] Help: tar --help ..

.. backup failed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Webmin, Filesystem Backup and tar files

Tim:

Try it as user root (in Webmin interface),

Please let us know...
    DorkBlog

If you want something you've never had, then you must do things you've never done.
    Tools every shell scripter should have, explainshell, shellcheck, and crontab sandbox.

Beans

Re: Webmin, Filesystem Backup and tar files

Habitual,

Thanks for the reply. I have configured webmin to allow Unix root login and enabled all Module's for root, and the same error occurred. After a little more testing I discovered that this may not be a Ubuntu issue. If I shutdown the Ubuntu box and run the backup the same exact error occurs. This tells me that the issue resides on the Freebsd box and not the linux.
    Sorry

Thanks,
    -Tim