Thread: Help me Ubuntu has gone mad!!!

Beans

Exclamation Help me Ubuntu has gone mad!!!

Hello
    Well I have a question ... on my Ubuntu 11.10 there is a problem. The main one is that the touch mouse is not moving in ubuntu, but in the other operating systems themselves. The following will is the keyboard I had crashed into another language and when I want to change the control panel tells me that the database is broken ... I want another solution than to reinstall it, because I have many important things (including applications)
    Thank you!

PS: By the way, sorry for my English but I am Spanish and I making such long sentences in the language quite descordino ... Per well, what I hope is that it is readable!

The rock is live

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Help me Ubuntu has gone mad!!!

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynapticsTouchpad

Using terminal .. run command ..

sudo xinput list

print output here ...

Beans

Help me Ubuntu has gone mad!!!
    You were told not use after midnight
    Gremlins joke.

How long have you had 11.10 installed?
    did you do something that made the changes?
    Last edited by Gremlinzzz; March 1st, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Beans

For more than 4 months that I have. Installed GeoGebra (A mathematical program) from a site where the extension was. Geb
    But comenzaros install errors out I had to install packages ... At the end look better and I realized that I started the program was for a version 11.04 or 10.04 (can not remember)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

May I suggest that you open System Settings and run the Language Support utility. Then you can remove the language that is broken. Keep in place the language that you used when you first installed Ubuntu - the default language.

After removing languages except the default one reboot and then re-install those languages that you need. This might rebuild the broken database.

Also, please remember, that Linux and Ubuntu are not like Mircosoft Windows. Programs that run on Ubuntu 10.10 will also run on 11.10.

It is best to install programs from the Ubuntu software Centre. Then you will not have dependency problems (install errors). GeoGebra is in the Software Centre. You can use the Software Centre to remove the old GeoGebra and then install the GeoGebra for 11.10.

I hope that my advice will stop you from going loco.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530