Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue with an Asus UL20A notebook. I got this notebook 2 years ago and it came with Windows 7 Home premium installed and a hidden partition for recovery. It did not come with any factory restore DVD or a DVD drive.

After installing Ubuntu in Windows 7 using Wubi, I can no longer access the factory restore option when I boot my laptop up and when I press F9 continuously. The F9 key should allow for accessing a menu to restore to factory settings. I need to reformat my machine due to a bad virus I had gotten in my Windows 7 setup.

Is there anything I can do at this point? It seems like my ubuntu installation removed that F9 capability.

One option is to use AI recovery to create a bunch of DVD disks but I prefer not to. I would like to restore with the F9 option. If I can't do that, I will download a copy of the Windows 7 Home Premium ISO and use my activation key that came with my machine and a USB boot program like BartPE. Also, if I can't use the F9 option to restore in the future, I might as well format the recovery partition and use that space for my c:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.