Thread: rkhunter: different numbers of Rootkit checked

Beans

rkhunter: different numbers of Rootkit checked

Hi,

I installed rkhunter 1.3.6 on my server, and running it (sudo rkhunter -c), the result says that 244 Rootkit have been checked (Rootkits checked : 244).
    After I upgrade rkhunter to the last version (1.3.8 ), he just check 243 Rootkits (Rootkits checked : 243).

rkhunter doesn't return any warning, and nothing have been modified between the two tests.

I don't understand why there is a difference, does anybody know?

Thank you!
    Last edited by cheuvreuile; January 25th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Dangertux is offline Chocolate Ubuntu Mocha Blend
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: rkhunter: different numbers of Rootkit checked

Quote Originally Posted by cheuvreuile View Post
    Hi,

I installed rkhunter 1.3.6 on my server, and running it (sudo rkhunter -c), the result says that 244 Rootkit have been checked (Rootkits checked : 244).
    After I upgrade rkhunter to the last version (1.3.8 ), he just check 243 Rootkits (Rootkits checked : 243).

rkhunter doesn't return any warning, and nothing have been modified between the two tests.

I don't understand why there is a difference, does anybody know?

Thank you!
    Possibly a test was taking out? Or perhaps two tests were combined? For instance there were multiple checks for phalanx maybe they have been rolled into one check now?

Hope this helps.

Beans

Re: rkhunter: different numbers of Rootkit checked

Thank you for your interest! I don't think that a test was taking out: I test another server with the same OS and version 1.3.8 of rkhunter, and it has 244 Rootkit checked, not 243... I test the first server (with 243 Rootkit checked) with chkrootkit, and nothing seems wrong.