Thread: Connected to new wireless modem but no Internet connection

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Connected to new wireless modem but no Internet connection

I got a new modem from my ISP, the HUAWEI HG655D. My desktop runs on windows 7 and is wired, I have internet on that one. But on my laptop I have windows 7 and ubuntu 11.10 (dual-boot). When I connect with windows 7 wireless, I can surf the internet, but with Ubuntu 11.10 (wireless) I CAN see my modem AND I can CONNECT to it, but I have NO internet.... I can't ping my modem and can't surf with chromium/firefox.

But if I use a wired connection with my Ubuntu 11.10 it works, so I don't think it's my modem.

What can I do to fix this?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Connected to new wireless modem but no Internet connection

Any one?!?! Really need some help

Beans

Question Re: Connected to new wireless modem but no Internet connection

I have a laptop with Ubuntu but without windows and have the same problem with the wireless connection. Shows hardware and drivers in place but no response.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Connected to new wireless modem but no Internet connection

Quote Originally Posted by srpeters View Post
    I have a laptop with Ubuntu but without windows and have the same problem with the wireless connection. Shows hardware and drivers in place but no response.
    It works...sometimes...when I disable wireless and after 30 seconds or so enable it again, then it works. Weird. It also works if my Ubuntu laptop is on and I turn my modem off and after 1 min on again and then it works.

But that is not how it should be working >_<!!!!!

I have followed this: https://help.ubuntu.com/11.10/ubuntu...eshooting.html and everythings is fine :/.
    I have found something else, but haven't tried it yet, maybe it works for you: http://blog.whoooop.co.uk/2009/06/07...t-no-internet/

If you gonna try it, plz report in this thread .