Thread: Monoprice Usb Tuners & Mythbuntu

Beans

Question Monoprice Usb Tuners & Mythbuntu

Would just like to see if anybody out there has used a monoprice usb tuner from monoprice.com without any complications. I am about to order a usb tuner and would like some input. Would love it if I could use one from Monoprice because they are so reasonably priced but if it will be a big hassle with config and compatibility I would rather just go for something Hauppauge that has been tested before.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Linux Registered User #536617

Beans

Re: Monoprice Usb Tuners & Mythbuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake.Debord View Post
    Would just like to see if anybody out there has used a monoprice usb tuner from monoprice.com without any complications. I am about to order a usb tuner and would like some input. Would love it if I could use one from Monoprice because they are so reasonably priced but if it will be a big hassle with config and compatibility I would rather just go for something Hauppauge that has been tested before.

Thanks in advance guys!
    I assume you men this one? http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

There are two linux related comments in the customer reviews, neither of which is encouraging.

Why not ask at linuxtv.org, thats where most driver development goes on.

Also, ask monoprice. If they don't know or can't tell you about linux support, then put them on your black list

Beans

Re: Monoprice Usb Tuners & Mythbuntu

Thanks for your input. I was afraid of that but thanks for the confirmation. I love monoprice and like to use them when I can. But, I'm also aware of you get what you pay for and that's pretty cheap for a tuner. I would rather order a tuner I know I won't have to spend a couple weeks fighting with to get to work. I'll check out linuxtv.org before I totally scrap the idea but I have a feeling I'll just go with something Hauppauge.
    Linux Registered User #536617