Anti-keylogger Software

I wonder if there is a good anti-keylogger software for Ubuntu. Thank you

Richie

Dangertux is offline Chocolate Ubuntu Mocha Blend
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Anti-keylogger Software

I can almost guarantee there isn't. The desktop environment you likely use isn't set up to really make keylogging hard, you don't even need a dedicated key logger to key log in X11

Beans

There are some anti-keylogger add-ons in Firefox (and probably other browsers). I haven't used them and don't know if they're effective. They claim that they will record your keystrokes as useless garbage if you land on a malicious website using a keylogger. But those would be completely useless against a local keylogger installed on your machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

where are keystrokes saved? perhaps it would be a good idea to encrypt the bus between the keyboard stroke to the programs, which I guess it is the same for all programs.. (used my imagination, don't know if this is possible, just dropping an idea)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertux View Post
    I can almost guarantee there isn't. The desktop environment you likely use isn't set up to really make keylogging hard, you don't even need a dedicated key logger to key log in X11
    Are you saying it is really easy for someone to install a keylogger program in one's computer using Ubuntu? Is there any software available to look for keylogger virus?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Daisy View Post
    There are some anti-keylogger add-ons in Firefox (and probably other browsers). I haven't used them and don't know if they're effective. They claim that they will record your keystrokes as useless garbage if you land on a malicious website using a keylogger. But those would be completely useless against a local keylogger installed on your machine.
    I am more concerned about local keylogger installed on my machine than malicious websites.

Beans

I wonder what do you guys use to fight against local keylogger software on your PC.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I wonder what do you guys use to fight against local keylogger software on your PC.
    Do not allow untrusted software to run on your system.
    Do not run commands from help forums etc that you do not understand.

To have an ubuntu machine start keylogging, the system either needs to be exploited or you need to initiate an install of some untrusted software that may have some additional "features".