Thread: Gnome Do Rhythmbox Plugin doesn't work

Beans

Gnome Do Rhythmbox Plugin doesn't work

So I've been using Rhythmbox and Gnome Do for quite some time now, and this problem has persisted for about as long, but I'm just now getting around to seeing if anyone has a solution.

So I've got the Rhythmbox plugin enabled in Gnome Do. Awesome. I can invoke Gnome Do (Super + Space on my system) and start typing up some music I want to hear. This morning I wanted to listen to Buck 65's album Vertex. So I start typing "Buck 65" and the artist is listed in Gnome Do as expected.

I hit the right arrow to see a listing of his albums. I arrow down to Vertex and press Enter. What I expect is that Rhythmbox will start playing that album. However, there is simply no effect. This occurs at all levels of music browsing with Gnome Do. I can select an artist, album, or specific song, and no matter what I select, Rhythmbox doesn't respond at all. This is true if Rhythmbox is already running or not, whether it's already playing music or not. There's just no effect.

In short, Gnome Do correctly sees Rhythmbox's index of my music, and I can traverse the artists, etc with it just fine, but it will not actually make Rhythmbox play that music.

That said, other functions of the Rhythmbox plugin work fine. I can pause and play music just fine using Gnome Do.

The real issue here is that I don't have the slightest idea how to even begin diagnosing and fixing this. Does anybody have any ideas?

Beans

Re: Gnome Do Rhythmbox Plugin doesn't work

You may need version numbers...

I'm running Gnome-Do 0.8.3.1 and Rhythmbox 0.12.18 on Ubuntu 10.04 x86.

Beans

Re: Gnome Do Rhythmbox Plugin doesn't work

bump