Thread: RTL8191SEvB ad hoc issues in *buntu 11.10

Beans

Question RTL8191SEvB ad hoc issues in *buntu 11.10

Hi, I have a ThinkPad edge 15 with the wireless card -
    Code:
    03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller (rev 10)
    Usual connection to access points work fine, but ad hoc doesnt work (creating/joining). By doesn't work, I mean it connects to the network, but I can't ping anyone.

The peculiar thing is that it works in Ubuntu 11.04 but not on Ubuntu 11.10 (tested using LiveUSB). I tried searching the net and this forum but nothing related to adhoc.

I found the closest match on the realtek site to be http://218.210.127.131/downloads/dow...oads=true#2262.

As the model number isn't exactly same as mine, I'm not sure, should I try to build the driver in the above link?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: RTL8191SEvB ad hoc issues in *buntu 11.10

The driver RTL8191SE-VA2 should be equal to yours. Try to install it from the site.

Are you sure there is no option in the application Additional drivers for your card?

Beans

Smile Re: RTL8191SEvB ad hoc issues in *buntu 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by BC59 View Post
    The driver RTL8191SE-VA2 should be equal to yours. Try to install it from the site.
    Cool, I tried it and it works! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BC59 View Post
    Are you sure there is no option in the application Additional drivers for your card?
    Nope, I had checked it but it says No proprietary drivers are in use and the list is blank. Anyway the driver above solved it.