Thread: errors of compiling qtiplot 0.9.8.9

Beans

errors of compiling qtiplot 0.9.8.9

I downloaded the latest source code of qtiplot from it's website, and then compiled it. Unfortunately, the compilation brought me a lot of errors which confused me. Can anyone help me? The following are output of terminal.

Code:
    ../tmp/qtiplot/main.o: In function `main':
    main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x0): multiple definition of `main'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/minigzip.o:minigzip.c:(.text.startup+0x0): first defined here
    ../tmp/qtiplot/Integration.o: In function `evalFunction(double, void*)':
    Integration.cpp:(.text+0x1d6): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/NonLinearFit.o: In function `NonLinearFit::setFormula(QString const&, bool)':
    NonLinearFit.cpp:(.text+0x2676): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/FitDialog.o: In function `FitDialog::accept()':
    FitDialog.cpp:(.text+0x131d1): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/IntDialog.o: In function `IntDialog::validInput(QString const&)':
    IntDialog.cpp:(.text+0x1325): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    IntDialog.cpp:(.text+0x1338): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/IntDialog.o:IntDialog.cpp:(.text+0x137f): more undefined references to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const' follow
    ../tmp/qtiplot/MyParser.o: In function `MyParser::setLocale(QLocale const&)':
    MyParser.cpp:(.text+0xb5): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::SetDecSep(char)'
    MyParser.cpp:(.text+0xeb): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::SetThousandsSep(char)'
    MyParser.cpp:(.text+0x104): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::ResetLocale()'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/MyParser.o: In function `MyParser::EvalRemoveSingularity(double*, bool) const':
    MyParser.cpp:(.text+0x85d): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    MyParser.cpp:(.text+0x8d6): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    MyParser.cpp:(.text+0x955): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    MyParser.cpp:(.text+0x9c3): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/muParserScript.o: In function `muParserScript::evalSingleLineToString(QLocale const&, char, int)':
    muParserScript.cpp:(.text+0x1ea9): undefined reference to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/muParserScript.o:muParserScript.cpp:(.text+0x1f5e): more undefined references to `mu::ParserBase::Eval() const' follow
    `.text._ZN11FrameWidgetD2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN11FrameWidgetD1Ev[FrameWidget::~FrameWidget()]' of ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiImageWidget.o: defined in discarded section `.text._ZN11FrameWidgetD2Ev[_ZN11FrameWidgetD5Ev]' of ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiImageWidget.o
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `meth_Anova_run':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0xfac): undefined reference to `Anova::run()'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `sipAnova::logInfo()':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x1070): undefined reference to `Anova::logInfo()'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `meth_Anova_logInfo':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x1160): undefined reference to `Anova::logInfo()'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `meth_Anova_addSample':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x126f): undefined reference to `Anova::addSample(QString const&, int, int)'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `sipAnova::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x187f): undefined reference to `Anova::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `sipAnova::run()':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x1924): undefined reference to `Anova::run()'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `sipAnova::sipAnova(ApplicationWindow*, bool, double)':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x1b65): undefined reference to `Anova::Anova(ApplicationWindow*, bool, double)'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `sipAnova::~sipAnova()':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x233b): undefined reference to `vtable for Anova'
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x237e): undefined reference to `vtable for Anova'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o: In function `sipAnova::qt_metacast(char const*)':
    sipqtiAnova.cpp:(.text+0x1b1f): undefined reference to `Anova::qt_metacast(char const*)'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o:(.data+0xb4): undefined reference to `Anova::staticMetaObject'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o:(.rodata._ZTI8sipAnova[typeinfo for sipAnova]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for Anova'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o:(.rodata._ZTV8sipAnova[vtable for sipAnova]+0x40): undefined reference to `Anova::freeMemory()'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o:(.rodata._ZTV8sipAnova[vtable for sipAnova]+0x58): undefined reference to `Anova::resultTable(QString const&)'
    ../tmp/qtiplot/sipqtiAnova.o:(.rodata._ZTV8sipAnova[vtable for sipAnova]+0x5c): undefined reference to `Anova::outputResultsTo(Table*)'
    `.text._ZN11ImageWidgetD2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN11ImageWidgetD1Ev[non-virtual thunk to ImageWidget::~ImageWidget()]' of ../tmp/qtiplot/moc_ImageWidget.o: defined in discarded section `.text._ZN11ImageWidgetD2Ev[_ZN11ImageWidgetD5Ev]' of ../tmp/qtiplot/moc_ImageWidget.o
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [qtiplot] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/flying/Downloads/qtiplot-0.9.8.9/qtiplot'
    make: *** [sub-qtiplot-make_default] Error 2

Beans

Re: errors of compiling qtiplot 0.9.8.9

Hello,

I think you attempted several compilations. If so, try to do a 'make clean' and then to recompile (make).

Good luck, QtiPlot is not easy to compile.

Raoul

Beans

Hello chunri,

Did you ever have any success in compiling qtiplot 0.9.8.9? I'm working on doing so right now and was hoping you might have a few tips!

Thanks,
    Josh

Beans

Hello chunri,

I'm not sure if you ever got this working, but I managed to, and I outlined how I was able to do it here.

Hopefully that's of some help to you or anyone else that comes looking for answers.

- Josh