Using a fresh 11.10 Mythbuntu installation on newly bought hardware. Have Hauppauge 1600 installed and am able to watch live TV, which, after many painful hours of configuring and searching Internet, I am WAY more impressed with than my wife is.

After further research I did manage to get the remote to be recognized. Many buttons seem to work. Here is the configuration I ultimately ended up using in my /etc/lirc/hardware.conf as suggested in a few places:

Code:
# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Hauppauge TV card"
REMOTE_MODULES="ir_kbd_i2c lirc_dev lirc_i2c"
REMOTE_DRIVER="dev/input"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/event5"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""
The arrow keys work fine. I could configure in the frontend GUI the buttons for +/- channels, play, ffwd, etc.

The big problem is that the "OK" button seems completely unrecognized in Mythbuntu. For example, when mapping/configuring keys using the frontend GUI, most keys on the remote are accepted as options, but when I press "OK" as the button of choice nothing happens. When moving around the menus in the frontend, OK does nothing.

I can see that "OK" is sending a signal by doing:

$ sudo cat /dev/input/event5

and pressing some buttons. When I press "OK" (or any other remote button) gibberish hits the screen while doing that cat.

I've already read other suggestions in other posts about just buying a different remote that is better supported, but I've come this far, I'd love to get this thing working properly.

I feel overmatched by the irrecord, irw and associated commands, but am willing to try things. I'm hoping the fix is something like a couple edits in a key-mapping file and a re-boot, but I'm used to having my Linux hopes dashed.

Any help appreciated and I'm happy to provide further details as needed.

Thanks.