Thread: Flickering screens.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Cool Flickering screens.

All of a sudden, I have this problem where, at random but shrinking intervals, my screen blanks for a split second. Blanks as in the signal for both monitors goes out and my monitors delay until they realize they have a signal again. The delay is different for each monitor, because they are different monitors. What is annoying is that I have never had this problem until a few days ago. And it just gets worse and worse. It doesn't make since. Over time it just happens more and more, and now it seems to happen several times a minute. It drives me up the wall!

This has also happened a couple times: the X server completely crashed, and I was force logged out and returned to the login screen. I don't know if this is related or not, but it is annoying as well.

I am using Ubuntu 11.10. My graphics card is eVGA GeForce 6200 LE. I have a 1680x1050 and a 1920x1080 display configured with TwinView at 3600x1080. I am using Unity 2D.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MegaLoler; October 23rd, 2011 at 04:10 AM. Reason: added more specs
    http://megaloler.site90.com/, not that you care.