Thread: Nautilus sidebar looks weird after upgrading to 11.10

Beans

Nautilus sidebar looks weird after upgrading to 11.10

Hey guys!
    After upgrading my Ubuntu from 11.04 to 11.10 my Nautilus sidebar looks really weird, there is no border at all.
    Have a look at the screenshot. I guess this is not normal?

And just by the way, how can I access the unity panel on the left side again? I doesn't pop up if I am moving my mouse to the left side or press the Super key...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Nautilus sidebar looks weird after upgrading to 11.10

There is supposed to be a gripper to let you adjust the width of the sidebar. If that is there, then that's normal. Nautilus looks a lot better with gnome's Adwaita theme, imho.

Beans

Well, yes I can resize the sidebar with the gripper, but I meant the look of it.
    I mean, there is no border, so it looks somehow unfinished.

Beans

Do you mean on the window border (far left, we may not be able to see it as your screenshot only goes to that exact point), or the interface between the sidebar and the contents panel?

I think the "border-less" interface between the two panels is on purpose, and kinda looks modern -- I could take it or leave it --. If you aren't getting a border on the left side of the sidebar, then perhaps there is something else going on...

Beans

There is a border when using Adwaita (in gnome-themes-standard if it's not installed by default).

Beans

Yes, I mean the one between sidebar and main window.

I tried the Adwaita theme and it actually has a border in this theme, but no Icons x) Aww, I shouldn't have upgraded that beast