Thread: URL prediction

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

URL prediction

Super excited for 11.10 to come out; although i'm not that great with Linux so i use the stable versions.

However the problem is that 11.10 won't be released in Australian time until 4am in the morning of which by time i get up and have to get to school i won't have to time to have downloaded it and installed it so i can try it out whilst i'm at school.

So the question is;
    Are there any URL predictions so i can automatically download 11.10 as soon as it comes out at 4am, just by using wget, or a similar method?

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: URL prediction

and you expect i'll give you such url to drop down the servers ? Go to school and learn patience first.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Society no longer teaches patience or seems to value it; how can you expect the school's in that case to not represent the values that society wants to teach us?

Whether or not you give me the url i will download it in the morning 'dropping down' the servers as you state because of course the servers will be over-loading with more people just like myself all wanting to update to the latest stable version of Ubuntu.

I just as an excited fan-boy want to have it as soon as possible, and seriously how could i not want it as soon as possible?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Then, just zsync after the release.

Finally, if you know how, add your image into the torrent to help speed the download for others.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I tip my hat to you sir;

Although i'm not sure if i know how to add it to the torrent; although i will look into it
    Last edited by lordfirex; October 13th, 2011 at 09:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Oneiric is to be released at about 10 AM GMT today, so in Australia it will be released 10 hours (and one additional hour for DST) or at 9 PM.

Kids using GNU/linux...born geeks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lolpenguin View Post
    Oneiric is to be released at about 10 AM GMT today, so in Australia it will be released 10 hours (and one additional hour for DST) or at 9 PM.

Kids using GNU/linux...born geeks.
    its 10:45 AM GMT ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Redwol View Post
    its 10:45 AM GMT ...
    No it isn't it is only 10:10 GMT now!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wink Re: URL prediction

Really, the latest CD Daily Build from the last day or two is virtually the same as the release, and you could download that.

Install, then in a day or so a simple sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade will get you there.

Typically, the CD Daily Builds stay the same around release time for a few days until the barrage of corrections come in for more apt-get action.

Jerry