Thread: AWN doesn't show app icon

Beans

AWN doesn't show app icon

Having a problem with Avant Windows Navigator (AWN).

I"m running 64 bit Linux Mint 11 (Ubuntu) and Compiz.

I can't get any applications to appear on the primary dock, only applets.

I am using the task manager window to drag an app into the launchers window but they don't show on the dock.

If I add another dock bar the apps show up on it just fine. But I don't want TWO docks.

I have this running correctly on another computer (32 bit) so I generally know how it works, but can't get it to run on this (new/modern) laptop.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; October 2nd, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: AWN doesn't show app icon

Sorry, going to need some clarification here. = )

If I add another dock bar the apps show up on it just fine. But I don't want TWO docks.
    So do you mean that if you add a second taskbar applet to the dock, one is visible?

Is there any visible sign that the task manager is on the dock at all?

Have you tried removing and re-adding the task manager applet to restart it in the "Applets" tab?

Could we get a screen shot (preferably with the dock in view and with the Preferences window switched over to the Launcher / Task Manager tab)?

Beans

So do you mean that if you add a second taskbar applet to the dock, one is visible?
    No. I see both See screenshot

Is there any visible sign that the task manager is on the dock at all?
    Before adding second dock I see only appletts. See initial screenshot.

Have you tried removing and re-adding the task manager applet to restart it in the "Applets" tab?
    Not sure what you mean by re-adding task manager applet. I have deleted the applets and re-added them while in AWN task manager screen.

Could we get a screen shot (preferably with the dock in view and with the Preferences window switched over to the Launcher / Task Manager tab)?
    See screen shots and let me know what you think... Thanks. [/QUOTE]

I appreciate any ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Not sure what you mean by re-adding task manager applet. I have deleted the applets and re-added them while in AWN task manager screen.
    Let me clarify this - the objects that you add to the AWN panel are "applets," and one of those is the task manager. It's listed along with the other applets on the Applets screen. When you add an application to the task manager applet, you're adding a launcher.

In your second screen shot, it says that the Launcher / Task Manager isn't active in the first dock. If you switch over to the Applets tab, make sure you have Launcher / Task Manager added.

Beans

That was it.

I really appreciate the help!

Beans

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot