Flash video problems on chrome
I'm experiencing problems (hanging, freezing, crashing) while playing flash video in Chrome.
It seems sporadic, in that sometimes flash video will play without problem, sometimes it will crash, other times it will freeze. This has happens on a variety of flash sites (e.g. youtube, megavideo, videobb etc.).
I only started to notice this problem a few weeks back. Perhaps it's a result of a chrome update? edit: Experiencing the same thing on Firefox using the adobe flash plugin. Perhaps it's a result of an adobe update..
-Google Chrome browser v 14.0.835.186
-about: plugins shows
* Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
* Remoting Viewer
* Native Client
* Chrome PDF Viewer
* Google Talk Plugin (Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.11)
* iTunes Application Detector (This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.)
* VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.)
* Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; The Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio)
* DivX® Web Player (DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206)
* QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6 (The Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.)
* Default Plug-in - Version: 1 (Provides functionality for installing third-party plug-ins)
- I now have everything disabled except the flash plugin. Disabling it gives me a "plugin needed" message on any flash object.
1. Do you think this belongs here? Would it be better addressed/supported in a Google/chromium forum?
2. Is it possible Google shipped an unstable adobe plugin with their browser?
3. Does anyone have experience changing the default flash plugin in Chrome to something else (more stable)?
Tags for this Thread