Thread: Enabling the root account via Ubiquity?

Beans

Enabling the root account via Ubiquity?

Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm very much gladdened to see the inclusion of an accessibility forum here. I'm also subscribed to the mailing list, but perhaps this forum will help promote awareness of accessibility issues to some folks who otherwise would not have seen the list.

Someone actually posted a procedure to the list that will allow a blind user to access Ubiquity via a screen reader, despite the whole sudo issue. I'm going to try this tomorrow on a friend's machine; However, due to that same sudo issue, I would like to enable root access on his machine during the installation process. I know we can assign a password to root later, and add the allowRoot=True line to the gdm.conf-custom file; However, if we take this approach, none of the gnome sys admin tools will be in Root's top panel menu. Is there something in ubiquity equivalent to debconf/priority and if so, how is it set?

Thanks,

--Al

Beans

Re: Enabling the root account via Ubiquity?

Thanks for stopping by the access forum. Ironically you might get more answers to this question in some of the other forum sections though, since most people probably don't read this section yet. If not I will ask Colin (who wrote Ubiquity) when I see him in a week or so.
    Henrik Nilsen OmmaUbuntu QA Team Lead