Thread: Pimlico Tasks list lost during Ubuntu upgrade to 11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Pimlico Tasks list lost during Ubuntu upgrade to 11.04

I was using Pimlico Tasks manager with Ubuntu 10.10 http://pimlico-project.org/tasks.html

Yesterday I did an Ubuntu upgrade and all seemed to go OK, but today when I opened Tasks... my list was all empty! All tasks gathered for many months all lost!

How could this happened? Isn't Ubuntu supposed to mantain all configs and personal data? And more important - is there any way I can recover my task list?

Thanks a lot in advance to anybody who can help!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Pimlico Tasks list lost during Ubuntu upgrade to 11.04

With a lot of help from a Pimlico mailing-list subscriber I managed to find my task list in /home/[username]/.local/share/evolution/tasks/system/tasks.ics

but now I don't know how can I open them from Tasks.

My Pimlico Tasks version is 0.16. I have also discovered that I haven't Evolution installed. May it be the source of this inability of Tasks to find and recover the former task list? Now with each new session Tasks creates a new subdir at /home/[username]/.local/share/evolution/tasks/ with a number followed by @ and then my machine's name. Inside it, Tasks puts an empty tasks.ics.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Pimlico Tasks list lost during Ubuntu upgrade to 11.04

Quote Originally Posted by Manoel View Post
    My Pimlico Tasks version is 0.16. I have also discovered that I haven't Evolution installed. May it be the source of this inability of Tasks to find and recover the former task list?
    I can read here the following:

Tasks uses the system default task list in evolution-data-server
    So I guess that if no Evolution server is present, Tasks could be unable to find the default list and try to create each time a new one. ...I'm just guessing.

Beans
    Distro

Talking FIXED: Pimlico Tasks list lost during Ubuntu upgrade to 11.04

That was the problem!

After installing Evolution suite from my Ubuntu Software Center, I re-started, re-opened Tasks and then this app was able to find my former tasks.ics!

If someone has the same problem, and it doesn't work, just try to open first Evolution mail & calendar before opening Tasks.

Lessons learned:

1) Ubuntu 11.04 seems not to install Evolution suite.
    2) Pimlico Tasks won't be able to find some pre-existent task list, if Evolution not present, and it will create a different one for each new session instead.

Hope this can help someone else.