Page 800 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802810850900 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Running purely Ubuntu on my laptop now; after all the perks and good stuffs Ubuntu can offer/teach you, I stopped using Windows altogether.

Beans

Still cannot be 100% Microsoft-free after upgrading to 11.04

• Still using MSWord while waiting for Outline View in Open/Libre Office (Bug 3959 Reported: 2002-04-10)
    • Some software I use doesn't run under WINE, so I have VMWare and WinXP.

ADDING: The "Unity" interface is butt-ugly, gaudy and reminds me of a child's toy computer. Switching to "classic" doesn't get rid of all the ugly.

I may be switching distros for that reason. I spend a lot of time looking at a computer screen, and it has to be inobtrusive, with a custom color scheme.
    Last edited by Tsu Dho Nimh; August 14th, 2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: adding

Beans
    Distro

I switched to Linux completely since 2007, starting with Ubuntu 6.10, and never looked back. Before that I tested other Linux distros such as Redhat, Mepis, and Puppy Linux. I just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04, mostly to check out the Unity interface, but it does not seem to work on my machine, so I just use the classic setting.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    i did before unity came out. but now in back on windows and its ******* me off downlading fedora now
    If you're unhappy about Unity, try one of the other distros: Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Lubuntu don't use Unity. Or alternatively, you can turn Unity off and use the regular Gnome interface in regular Ubuntu if you like.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by peyre View Post
    If you're unhappy about Unity, try one of the other distros: Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Lubuntu don't use Unity. Or alternatively, you can turn Unity off and use the regular Gnome interface in regular Ubuntu if you like.
    +1 Natty Xubuntu.
    TriLUG, w00t!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaaron View Post
    I have been for the past several years, but now I'm thinking of putting FreeBSD or Dragonfly BSD on a partition, just to increase my nerddom that much more.
    DragonFly BSD? That is impressive nerddom. Have you considered OpenBSD? We use it at work for its security (as well as its freedom). I dunno d*ck about it, almost, but I'm working on it.
    Last edited by peyre; August 15th, 2011 at 02:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

linux all the way never goin back to windows it's easy once you get to grips with it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i never liked windows anyway!

i come from

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alciono View Post
    I switched to Linux completely since 2007, starting with Ubuntu 6.10, and never looked back. Before that I tested other Linux distros such as Redhat, Mepis, and Puppy Linux. I just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04, mostly to check out the Unity interface, but it does not seem to work on my machine, so I just use the classic setting.
    If you don't mind me asking how does one switch to classic? I'm thinking of upgrading from 9.04 and hate the look of 11.04.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dumb as a stump View Post
    If you don't mind me asking how does one switch to classic? I'm thinking of upgrading from 9.04 and hate the look of 11.04.
    At the login screen, click on your username, a session box will appear on the bottom bar, choose " Gnome Ubuntu Classic" there, then login with your password. You should only have to do this the first time you use it and it will default to that session type on future logins unless you change it again later on.

Edit: it's "Ubuntu Classic" not "Gnome Classic" , thanks Alwimo (post 8004) Think I need more coffee
    Last edited by yetiman64; August 16th, 2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: fixed gnome to ubuntu

Page 800 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802810850900 ... LastLast