Thread: Replaced PSU, now getting "No Signal" from monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Exclamation Replaced PSU, now getting "No Signal" from monitor

I was having a series of computer problems: Network cards not working and having hard drive errors and sometimes the hard drive not showing up at boot.

I sent in my computer for diagnostics and was told that I needed a new PSU. I got a replacement PSU from OCZ through an RMA and installed it.

Now, surprisingly, my monitor either has a "No Signal" error when turned on. Or it manages to get through BIOS and into GRUB, and then I get a "No Signal" error on my monitor. Or the computer manages to actually get either into Ubuntu or Windows 7 and right before it boots into the desktop, I get a "No Signal" error on my monitor.

Whenever I get a "No Signal" error, I am simply unable to see anything. The computer stays on, all the LED's are on and all the fans are spinning.

I have changed my VGA cable and still no dice. I have used a different monitor, I have switched from using my Nvidia graphics card to my onboard graphics card.

I have also made sure that all PSU connections to the motherboard etc. are secure and on as tightly as possible.

The only thing that seems to help is resetting CMOS. But this only allows me to get further into seeing my computer boot (without resetting CMOS most of the time I see nothing at boot, not even BIOS) and I've yet been able to reach the desktop.

This is NOT a problem I had before replacing my PSU. And my computer boots each and every time. I also get no beeps.

I'm at a loss, and really don't know what to do. I'm thinking it may be the motherboard, but I am not sure.

Please please help.
    Last edited by mahasmb; July 22nd, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
    | 500GB Western Digital HDD |2 GB OCZ RAM |
    Nvidia e-GeForce 8600 GT |EDIMAX EW-7728In | Core 2 Duo 8200

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Replaced PSU, now getting "No Signal" from monitor

The PSU was messed up. I've gotten a new one through OCZ warranty and my problem has been resolved.
    | 500GB Western Digital HDD |2 GB OCZ RAM |
    Nvidia e-GeForce 8600 GT |EDIMAX EW-7728In | Core 2 Duo 8200