Thread: Lemur Ultrathin keyboard

Beans

Lemur Ultrathin keyboard

What do people think of the keyboard on the Lemur Ultrathin? Looks kinda cheap from the pictures, but how does it feel? Is it spacious?

Also, quick question with a probably easy answer: the touchpad supports more-than-two-finger touch, right?

Thanks for the help!

Beans

Re: Lemur Ultrathin keyboard

I can see where thoughts of cheap could be applied to the keyboard. Let me stress this first, I very much enjoy the typing experience on the keyboard. I wrote about it in my review, but the tl;dr is yes, the keyboard feels a little cheap. I love typing on it, and the size of the keys is very nice, but cheap is one word that I might describe it with.

The touchpad has two finger touch. Beyond that, I'm not really sure. Maybe the hardware supports it, but AFAIK there are no linux multitouch driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There currently isn't support for more than two fingers in the touchpad drivers, except for some very particular touchpads, like Apple's Magic Trackpad. There is support in the hardware, though, and there is expected to be support for 11.10 in October.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    There currently isn't support for more than two fingers in the touchpad drivers, except for some very particular touchpads, like Apple's Magic Trackpad. There is support in the hardware, though, and there is expected to be support for 11.10 in October.
    Exciting!

Thanks for the help you two, and the link to your review, Ebonwumon!