Worked perfectly on my lexmark x1150Installing Lexmark x1270 on a desktop with Ubuntu 10.10 amd64 installed.
I followed the steps outlined here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=Lexmark+x1270
At the part where I double clicked on the libstdc++5_3.3.6-17ubuntu1_i386.deb icon to install it, I was informed that it was the wrong version since I have amd64.
So after some searching around this Link worked.
What I did:
1) I installed libstdc++5 from synaptic.
2) I dl'd and installed getlibs-all.deb by double clicking on it's icon.
3) I dl'd and installed lexmark.z600-0.4.deb by double clicking on it's icon.
4) I went to System/Administration/Printing.
Added my printer from the list and chose
the z600 colour inkjet driver.
5) I printed a test page. Now I need to buy ink.