Thread: Wireless Authentication

Beans

Wireless Authentication

This is driving me mad. I have been trying to wirelessly connect to my network for weeks now. My netgear dongle is fully working. I have installed the driver using ndiswrapper. I can see my network and signal is excellent; everything is working perfectly. When I try to connect it thinks about it but never connects. The password is fine; it works great with other computers. decided to have a go with wicd, so got rid of the Gnome network manager and installed wicd. Adaptor and wicd appear to be working brilliantly EXCEPT I cannot connect. wicd tells me its a bad password. Password fine because it works brilliantly with every other device I connect to my network. If I remove security from network, it tells me it cannot get address, even though it sailed passed that with no problem when there was security. I have searched the internet for a solution to this problem time and time again. Lots of people seem to be having this problem, but no one knows the solution. Is there a solution? It happens with both Ubuntu 10.04 LTS v1 v2 and Ubuntu 11.04. What the heck is going on. Any one? Please help. Suicide seems the only other alternative; (just kidding of course)
    This happens with WPA WEP and anything else I try to use
    Rob

Beans

Re: Wireless Authentication

Done it! If you are having the same problems, uninstall completely Gnome network manager or wicd. Then re install it. Worked for me.