Thread: How to burn mp3 cd with Brasero

Beans

How to burn mp3 cd with Brasero

I want to burn an mp3 cd. I mean an Mp3 cd who could be played on the dvd player, not a normal audio cd. The diference between these two tipes of cd is that in the firstone, the limit for burn is aprox 700 mb, and in the other one, the limit is of 1hour 20 min.
    Nero for Windows had an option for do that, "burn mp3 cd", like a data CD that could be read in every dvd player, but I don't want to return to that OS.
    Does anybody know if there's a program in Ubuntu or any pack for brasero for burn this tipe of Cd?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: How to burn mp3 cd with Brasero

Have you tried opening a data CD project in Brasero and adding the MP3 files to that? It should add them as mp3 files rather than converting them into files for a normal audio CD.

Beans

If you open Brasero and burn your mp3's as a data project this will do the job.

You couuld create a 4.7 gig dvd music disk or alternativly 700mb mp3 CD.

Perfect storage for legaly purchased music files :O)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The truth is that we can burn an mp3 playlist if we create a data project in brasero. The sad thing is that if we drag and drop an mp3 playlist in the project the order is not kept. This is very bad because when you have a playlist you want to burn it with the correct order!!! Does anyone know how we can achieve this? A similar bug in bugzilla is

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=592748
    Last edited by crabsody; March 4th, 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Beans