Thread: No Bluetooth in Gazelle laptop?

Beans

No Bluetooth in Gazelle laptop?

Hi everyone!

I just received my new laptop yesterday and I already love it! But there's one thing I can't get to work. I can't see any bluetooth card (I checked lspci, lshw, lsusb) and GNOME doesn't detect any. But there is a Bluetooth LED on the right of the laptop. I also found Bluetooth in the BIOS Setup, which was disabled so I enabled it, but still not Bluetooth.

So, is there a Bluetooth chip in the Gazelle laptop? (gazp6)

Thanks in advance!

Beans

Re: No Bluetooth in Gazelle laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Max-P View Post
    Hi everyone!

I just received my new laptop yesterday and I already love it! But there's one thing I can't get to work. I can't see any bluetooth card (I checked lspci, lshw, lsusb) and GNOME doesn't detect any. But there is a Bluetooth LED on the right of the laptop. I also found Bluetooth in the BIOS Setup, which was disabled so I enabled it, but still not Bluetooth.

So, is there a Bluetooth chip in the Gazelle laptop? (gazp6)

Thanks in advance!
    Try hitting Fn + one of the F1/F2/F3 etc. .... keys. Look for one with the Bluetooth symbol on it. If not, look around for a hard switch that could possibly turn it on.

Beans

There's Fn+F12 which has an antenna with BT written on it, so I suppose it is that button. And it does nothing. It's the same logo as on the LED on the side of the computer. There's no slider on this computer.

Any other idea?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Actually, we're not currently offering Bluetooth in the Gazelle/Serval. It is a very common feature request, and we may add the ability in the future. For now, I'd recommend an external Bluetooth dongle. There are many that are very small, and most of them should work well in Ubuntu.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!