Thread: UberNES lags in WINE

Beans

UberNES lags in WINE

Hello.

I have a problem running UberNES. I'm lagging very much when playing a game.
    On Windows it runs perfectly fine.

I know that there is a NES emulator for Linux, but I play on UberNES because the records that you get for games will be automatically saved on Ubernes.com.
    It's a highscore site for everyone with that emulator, your score will be automatically saved and you can upload your stats in the emulator.

So, my question is, how do I fix that horrible lag when playing it in WINE?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: UberNES lags in WINE

I really like UberNES as well. With FCEUX getting worse over the last few releases (no linux port maintainer, sound subsystem changing, issues crashing in newer versions). I have had to revert back to Win to use NES - UberNES is by far the best app I've found. I would really like to see this app work properly in Ubuntu (ported, wine, or VM).

Sorry I couldn't be of help, but I'm just marking that I'm interested in this as well.
    My Top Bugs - Launchpad Profile - Wiki Page

Appreciate what the severe effort of many converging wills has produced.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

UberNES lags for me in Windows (quad core, 4GB RAM, low-end Radeon). Says it just needs a 700MHz CPU or faster, but even with no effects or anything on, framerate skips. Other emulators run just fine, even with effects on. Runs fine under WINE though it's a little buggy (crashes a bit).

Something about UberNES is just picky, I think.
    Last edited by DoktorSeven; February 11th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.

Beans

@DoktorSeven - That's strange, I usually use UberNES on an intel mobile video card and it works pretty well. In the preferences I set to remove the scanlines and the curvature. I have experienced slowdown in the past, but usually changing the zoom/scale (software/hardware) gets me to a point where it runs properly.
    My Top Bugs - Launchpad Profile - Wiki Page

Appreciate what the severe effort of many converging wills has produced.