Thread: Mythweb Streaming issue

Beans

Mythweb Streaming issue

Hello all! I am a fairly new user running Ubuntu 10.04 with mythtv .24 and autobuilds on a combined be/fe box. I love the setup, it does everything I want it to do flawlessly (after alot of blood sweat and tears). I also have mythweb running and have made it accessable via a public IP .
    When viewing a recording via the Flowplayer on either the local or public ip i can never get to the end of a recording. It simply seems to stop streaming with about 5 minutes left to a 30 minute recording. Flowplayer simply shows its busy/working graphic in the middle of the player which never goes away or resumes playing.
    Ive tried different browsers, played with transcoding on the BE, removed commercial flagging, ensured all updates are installed, decreased the bitrate of the stream, all to no avail. The recordings play fine on my frontend. I have no idea why mythweb and Flowplayer can't get to the end of a recording without stalling/hanging towards the end. Thank you all for your help!

Beans

Re: Mythweb Streaming issue

bump... anybody have any ideas?

Beans

Re: Mythweb Streaming issue

I have to admit I haven't experienced your problem. But I did experience stuttering / slow performance. I had a problem streaming on the local network and the remedy for me was to make a few changes with the wiring.

I have this arrangement: cable modem -> 4 port wireless router -> 8 port switch -> (wired) PCs

I was able to eliminate the switch and performance improved dramatically. I could now stream HD content without stuttering: cable modem -> 4 port wireless router -> (wired) PCs

Haven't tried streaming over internet yet.