Thread: ndiswrapper stuck in infinate loop trying to install wnda3100v2

Beans

Exclamation ndiswrapper stuck in infinate loop trying to install wnda3100v2

ok, so im trying to get my wireless up using a netgear wnda3100v2 dual band. ive followed the directions here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1383708 and when i install the inf file ndisgtk stops responding. when i go to the terminal and try to list the drivers installed ndiswrapper appears to be stuck in an infinate loop ( i must press control-z to kill process). even more confusing, when i try to remove the driver using ndiswrapper, i get a message saying it is not installed. this is where its confusing, if i try to install the driver from the terminal, i get a message saying its already installed.... what gives?

from this point out ndiswrapper becomes completely useless and the only way i have been able to get it to work again is by formatting my HD and reinstall my distro.

the distro i am using is ubuntu 10.04 64 bit
    ndiswrapper-1.56

any ideas on how to get this working?

Beans

Re: ndiswrapper stuck in infinate loop trying to install wnda3100v2

Identical problem here. WNDA3100v2 on Mint 9 Ubuntu version (I'm on Mint because I thought it might be a problem specific to Ubuntu 10.04 so I deleted that OS and install Mint as a trial).

Makes no difference if I use the Synaptic ndiswrapper package or build the more current version (1.56) from source.

It has been driving me absolutely nuts for a couple of days.

I've tried installing software versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.6 and 1.7 for the WNDA3100v2. bcmwlhigh5 installs with ndis but not bcmwkhigh6. ndis tells me the driver bc-5 installed properly and correctly identifies the USB wireless. If I reboot the system crashes and I need to open in failsafe and blacklist the ndiswrapper kernel module so it won't load at boot. Then I can reboot with no problem

Beans

Re: ndiswrapper stuck in infinate loop trying to install wnda3100v2

Few minutes ago i tried to install my wnda3100v2 with
    - ndiswrapper 1.56-3
    and
    - kernel 2.6.35-23-generic in maverick.
    I used the driver v.1.0 because all success stories i read are based on this version.

didn't work for me

i opened up ndisgtk and chose the inf file.
    install success.
    closed ndisgtk.
    connected the wnda3100v2 stick.
    tried to open up ndisgtk again - no chance it stuck
    killed the process and tried lsusb - no chance - it stuck
    removed the stick and tried to open ndisgtk - it stuck again

finally i removed ndiswrapper via
    sudo apt-get purge ndisgtk ndiswrapper-common ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 -f
    because a restart without removing it would kill the system...

i hope it will work someday...