Thread: Repositories at EOL

Beans

Smile Repositories at EOL

Anyone know what will happen at release EOL? Are the files made unavailable at the repositories and will they be available elsewhere, like eol.ubuntu.com?

Why I am asking this is because my graphics chipset in TecraS1 is not supported in fglrx mode after Dapper 6.06. There seems to be some major Xorg transition at 7.04 which the fglrx driver no longer supports. I am wondering should I make copy of the Dapper repository to be able to make a clean install after next June.

Also if you have any other ideas like compiling old Xorg with Maverick go ahead.
    fglrx is needed to get fullscreen flashvideo playback.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Repositories at EOL

It's so quiet in here- I can hear a pin drop.
    Last edited by anttir; December 14th, 2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: paste error in editor

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

As far as I know, you'll just get 404 errors, as the repos won't be maintained any more.

If you've got the space, you could copy the repo, but I don't know how much space it'll take.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kostkon View Post
    Hi,

thanks for the info. I couldn't find any real information about EOL in that page, only about how to upgrade to new version.

For other readers, there seems to be an archive of old repositories for extending their availability at http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/ . The oldest there currently is 4.10 which was EOLd over three years ago.

EOL Process: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EndOfLifeProcess <- there was a mention about antimony but couldn't find anything about that one.