Thread: Pre-Purchased Music Sync

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Pre-Purchased Music Sync

Quick question about Ubuntu One's music policy: What about music I've already had on my computer, before I started using Ubuntu One? Can I still sync it to my Ubuntu One music account instead of my file 'cloud'? The difference will come into play as soon as I get streaming to my mobile device set up.

Is there a provision for 'pre-One' owned music?
    ~A-Con

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Pre-Purchased Music Sync

The easiest way to add all your own music is just to mark the folder it's in as being synced with Ubuntu One. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/FA...yExistingMusic for details: basically, just right-click on your Music folder (or wherever your music is stored) and say Ubuntu One > Synchronize this folder. This will copy your music into your personal cloud, and then it's all available for streaming.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Red face Re: Pre-Purchased Music Sync

Quote Originally Posted by duanedesign View Post
    The easiest way to add all your own music is just to mark the folder it's in as being synced with Ubuntu One. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/FA...yExistingMusic for details: basically, just right-click on your Music folder (or wherever your music is stored) and say Ubuntu One > Synchronize this folder. This will copy your music into your personal cloud, and then it's all available for streaming.
    That's it? I thought there was some difference between file sync and the music store account... No?
    ~A-Con