Thread: gma500 suspend after hibernate

Beans

gma500 suspend after hibernate

Hello,
    I have ubuntu server + xfce4 installed on my Vaio P92.
    Add 2.6.32.3 custom built kernel and you have a picture of what'm working with.

My problem is that my netbook will only suspend after I hibernate and restore. If I try to suspend/restore after a regular reboot I get a X hang (i can kill X with alt-sysrq-k).

In the /var/log/pm-suspend i get:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video resume suspend: Function not supported
    success.
    I might add it worked before (with this kernel and psb drivers). I must've changed something, but no idea what could it be. I played with alsa a bit but can't seem to connect the problem to it.

Let me know if you have an idea or maybe should I provide more info.

cheerss,
    --
    LS

Beans

Re: gma500 suspend after hibernate

I have a similar problem on a Dell Mini 10/GMA 500, after the monitor turns off it doesn't come back, stays black. Not sure if the system has tried to suspend or just the screen has turned off.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dragilla View Post
    Hello,
    I have ubuntu server + xfce4 installed on my Vaio P92.
    Add 2.6.32.3 custom built kernel and you have a picture of what'm working with.

My problem is that my netbook will only suspend after I hibernate and restore. If I try to suspend/restore after a regular reboot I get a X hang (i can kill X with alt-sysrq-k).

In the /var/log/pm-suspend i get:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video resume suspend: Function not supported
    success.
    I might add it worked before (with this kernel and psb drivers). I must've changed something, but no idea what could it be. I played with alsa a bit but can't seem to connect the problem to it.

Let me know if you have an idea or maybe should I provide more info.

cheerss,
    --
    LS
    I have same problem. My Dell mini can't resume after suspend (black screen, but backlight and hdd work).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by inadeqite View Post
    I have same problem. My Dell mini can't resume after suspend (black screen, but backlight and hdd work).
    Me too- after an upgrade to 10.04.

I hit ctrl-alt-f1 and then blindly logged in and rebooted from the command line... so everything is working, it's like the x-server won't fire back up...

Thanks,
    BM

Beans

I found out that 10.04 has a newer xserver version that doesn't work so great with the poulsbo gma500 driver, and in essence, the x-server crashes and won't resume when you try to resume from suspend.

I found a fix in the gma500 megathread but haven't figured out how ot implement it... still working on that one.

BM

Beans

I'm very interested in a fix for this issue. The GMA500 mega-thread is so long it's difficult to wade through it for a newbie.

I actually implemented the s2ram fix documented here:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...Poulsbo#Tweaks

So I'm able to suspend the machine, just not by using the suspend button on my netbook. Or by closing the netbook, which more of a bummer.