Thread: Evolution: Tasks not viewable in calendar view

Beans

Evolution: Tasks not viewable in calendar view

Hello! I am fairly new to Ubuntu, and have been acclimating into using Evolution as my mail client. I seem to have gotten everything all set up, my mail is working properly, but I seem to be having a problem with the tasks & calendar. I have searched google & forums endlessly, but no one else seems to be having this problem. I have added many tasks to my task view, however, when I switch to calendar view, these tasks do not show up in the tasks side window. The check boxes are there, but there is no way to actually read the task! Anyone have any help or suggestions, anything would help! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Evolution: Tasks not viewable in calendar view

I've got exactly the same Problem. Have you found a solution to that probelem? It really drive me crazy. One of the little tiny problems which are annoying you..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I have the same problem.
    Ubuntu user since 06/2006.
    "Don’t Let School get in the way of your Education!"
    -Mark Twain

Beans

Resurrecting an old thread, I know, but I did at least search before I posted a new thread...

Evolution's bugzilla has a number of people who've tried to report this as a bug. They're all marked "invalid" with no explanation. I've been using Thunderbird, as it's a little bit slicker UI, but T-bird has NO support for syncing with smartphones, AFAIK. So, Evolution it is... except for this little niggling problem... no tasks viewable from calendar view.

Has anyone gotten anywhere with this?

Bump for an annoying problem!

Beans

Exclamation Re: Evolution: Tasks not viewable in calendar view

Bump, essential feature - none existent.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exactly the same problem, any ideas. It seemed ok at the begining, but i clicked on the line where sorting is and the tasks were gone. To put it short: BUMP

Beans

I just came across this thread and thought "mine looks ok" then decided to delete the summary description to test the issue. Getting it back is not that easy but you need to right click on the owner or completed indicators and select 'add a column' select the summary one and drag it betweeen (not to the right because it wont work) the existing two- then after apply and close and rearrange to the order you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Totally pointless to respond to threads this old.

By now there have been multiple new versions of Evolution released and any "issue" (which should have been reported as a bug - again it is pointless just complaining in this forum) from back then is probably long gone.

BTW, I can see Tasks in the version of Evolution in my 10.04 system
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way