Thread: Torrentocracy type plugin

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Torrentocracy type plugin

Was there ever a replacement for the torrentocracy bittorrent+rss plugin for Mythtv?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Torrentocracy type plugin

Although I never used torrentocracy, I currently use Torrentflux as a web based torrenting system in conjunction with MythTV. So far it's worked out pretty well - aside from having to go to the video manager to load in any new videos into the database.

If you're interested in using this, it should be in the default repos. "sudo apt-get install torrentflux" should work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ickyb0d View Post
    Although I never used torrentocracy, I currently use Torrentflux as a web based torrenting system in conjunction with MythTV. So far it's worked out pretty well - aside from having to go to the video manager to load in any new videos into the database.

If you're interested in using this, it should be in the default repos. "sudo apt-get install torrentflux" should work.
    You can change this behavior by letting mythvideo "browse" the directory.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Looks ideal although I did run into troublle with the mysql setup - I think it's going to need some tweaking.

Beans

http://rufus.sourceforge.net/ also has a web interface and supports rss feeds. no package, but written in python.