Thread: Problem with Compiler

Hybrid View

Beans

Problem with Compiler

I did a search and couldn't find any other threads related to this; i've been getting an error while trying to compile a source file. It reads: cc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory . Can someone tell me what this means, and how I can get it to work?
    Thanks

Beans

Re: Problem with Compiler

Are you trying to compile a c++ file? If so then have you installed the g++ extensions to gcc? This could be your problem...

According to the gcc manpage, `cc1plus' is a program used to perform an additional pre-processing step after normal pre-processing but before compiling. It is specified using the -B flag after using the -no-integrated-cpp flag. Apparently, you normally don't have to worry about this and just let cpp do the work for you.

This type of problem can sometimes be fixed by installing the g++ package. By default it wasn't installed with my system, so maybe the problem is that you don't have g++.

Beans

If one of the above posts doesn't solve your problem, it will help if you post the command line which you are using to compile the file.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by toojays
    If one of the above posts doesn't solve your problem, it will help if you post the command line which you are using to compile the file.
    Oh, sorry: cc prog1.cpp

Beans

Does it work if you do "c++ prog1.cpp"?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by toojays
    Does it work if you do "c++ prog1.cpp"?
    Nope, the same problem occurs.