Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Ubuntu One for Windows

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Beans
    302
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Question Ubuntu One for Windows

    Here's my setup, I use Ubuntu One on Ubuntu, Android and Windows 7.
    I recently updated my Ubuntu One client for Windows, don't know which exact version. And by the way, where can I check that?
    It works. But the strange thing is that when I open the Ubuntu One app, I see the indication "File Sync in progress..." and it stays that way all the time.
    But, it works! Also when I click the right mouse button in the notification on the Ubuntu One icon, I see the options and the menu says : "File Sync is up to date"
    And it really is. I just checked it by modifying a couple of files and than logging from the Web interface. The files were synchronized.
    Has anybody else come across this?
    Registered Linux User #534948

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dayton, OH, USA
    Beans
    52
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Ubuntu One for Windows

    For your app version, go to control panel->programs and features-> highlight ubuntu one, then at the bottom, it will list the version (I am running 4.0.0.)

    As far as your syncing 'issue' I have something similar on my laptop (Ubuntu 12.04) Force closed, and no issues since.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Beans
    302
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Post Re: Ubuntu One for Windows

    Quote Originally Posted by LuciferRex View Post
    For your app version, go to control panel->programs and features-> highlight ubuntu one, then at the bottom, it will list the version (I am running 4.0.0.)

    As far as your syncing 'issue' I have something similar on my laptop (Ubuntu 12.04) Force closed, and no issues since.
    Yes, indeed. I'm running exactly the same version like you. But... what you mention is for a client in Ubuntu. The issue I'm having is for the Windows client...
    Registered Linux User #534948

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Beans
    264
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Ubuntu One for Windows

    Quote Originally Posted by lz1dsb View Post
    Yes, indeed. I'm running exactly the same version like you. But... what you mention is for a client in Ubuntu. The issue I'm having is for the Windows client...
    I think, LuciferRex is telling procedures to know the version on Windows 7, not on Ubuntu.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dayton, OH, USA
    Beans
    52
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Ubuntu One for Windows

    Quote Originally Posted by uzumakifahim View Post
    I think, LuciferRex is telling procedures to know the version on Windows 7, not on Ubuntu.
    Correct..that is how you find the version in Windows 7...sorry i wasn't more clear on that

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Beans
    302
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Exclamation Re: Ubuntu One for Windows

    Since a while I can't get my Win7 Ubuntu One client working. When I start it, it hangs at "Getting information, please wait..." During that time it's inactive.
    I found this link:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/21055...uck-at-loading
    but I can't verify whether I have the same issue, I can't locate the syncdeamon-exception.log file. Where should I search for it?
    Registered Linux User #534948

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •