Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Nvidia-current v. 310.19

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    2,455
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Nvidia-current v. 310.19

    There is a new nvidia-current beta version available from xorg-edgers PPA (RR branch).
    The version is 310.19.

    Working fine here.

  2. #2
    dino99's Avatar
    dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nux Jam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Nvidia-current v. 310.19

    hm, still get the same known error:

    Code:
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.7.0-030700rc5-generic
    modprobe: ../tools/modprobe.c:550: print_action: Assertion `kmod_module_get_initstate(m) == KMOD_MODULE_BUILTIN' failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)
    WARNING: could not open /tmp/mkinitramfs_iuhZhv/lib/modules/3.7.0-030700rc5-generic/modules.builtin: No such file or directory

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,855
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Nvidia-current v. 310.19

    Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    hm, still get the same known error:

    Code:
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.7.0-030700rc5-generic
    modprobe: ../tools/modprobe.c:550: print_action: Assertion `kmod_module_get_initstate(m) == KMOD_MODULE_BUILTIN' failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)
    WARNING: could not open /tmp/mkinitramfs_iuhZhv/lib/modules/3.7.0-030700rc5-generic/modules.builtin: No such file or directory
    It's just warning... No harm produced as far as I can tell...
    Lot of bugs are filed against this and elsewhere...
    http://bit.ly/TGOiWG
    Last edited by zika; November 14th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

  4. #4
    dino99's Avatar
    dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nux Jam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Nvidia-current v. 310.19

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    It's just warning... No harm produced as far as I can tell...
    Lot of bugs are filed against this and elsewhere...
    http://bit.ly/TGOiWG
    I can run it but only on low graphic mode (800x600), so i switch back to nouveau again

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    el_GR
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Nvidia-current v. 310.19

    An observation here , that might help others.

    I downloaded (2 days ago) 310.14 beta driver from Nvidia's site
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-d...14-driver.html

    To test it with my Nvidia GT430. What I observed is when I installed the .run file , during installation asked me to blacklist nouveau. Installation failed due to nouveau loaded module.
    I blacklisted nouveau and booted with vesa (low graphics) and then installation completed successfully and the driver working good since then.
    Until this time I thought the only requirement was to stop the X , but seems a new requirement now is to have nouveau module unloaded.
    So , try to install with nouveau blacklisted. (manual by you).

    Thanks
    # How to mark the Thread as [SOLVED] when done.
    # Ubuntu Greek Community
    # Gain 20GB of space on copy.com when sign up with my referral link.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,855
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Nvidia-current v. 310.19

    Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    I can run it but only on low graphic mode (800x600), so i switch back to nouveau again
    Then I stand corrected. My (ATI/Asus) machine does not produce any harm due to this warning...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    2,455
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Nvidia-current v. 310.19

    Well if one just upgrades from the previous nvidia-current version, then nouveau driver is blacklisted.
    That is, installing nvidia-current will automatically blacklist nouveau driver.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •