Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mythbuntu and Amazon Video on Demand

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    1,419

    Mythbuntu and Amazon Video on Demand

    Has anyone been able to get Amazon Video on Demand set up with Mythbuntu?

    Is there any chance to get this included in a default Mythbuntu installation, considering the strengthening ties between Canonical and Amazon?
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    1,419

    Re: Mythbuntu and Amazon Video on Demand

    To be clear, I recognize that I can simply open Firefox and go to the Amazon site. What I'm talking about is a way to include results from Amazon in the "Browse Internet Video" and "Search Internet Video" sections of the Media Library section of the MythTV frontend.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Elgin,IL,USA
    Beans
    182
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Mythbuntu and Amazon Video on Demand

    I found the 'Browse Internet Video' section to be buggy to usless, which I think is one of the main reasons people put a XBMC option in their frontend. I installed the extra XBMC repo from, I think it was Blue Cop, which includes the Hulu and Amazon plugins, along with a bunch of others.
    Streaming video with XBMC is so far ahead of Myth, that it will take them some time to catch up without a dedicacted effort.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    1,419

    Re: Mythbuntu and Amazon Video on Demand

    Quote Originally Posted by uteck View Post
    I found the 'Browse Internet Video' section to be buggy to usless, which I think is one of the main reasons people put a XBMC option in their frontend. I installed the extra XBMC repo from, I think it was Blue Cop, which includes the Hulu and Amazon plugins, along with a bunch of others.
    Streaming video with XBMC is so far ahead of Myth, that it will take them some time to catch up without a dedicacted effort.
    Agreed that browsing internet video with MythTV is... sub-optimal.

    My suggestion is that a dedicated plugin for Amazon VOD be developed, with a revenue share of the affiliate revenue between the Mythbuntu group, the MythTV project and, perhaps, Ubuntu/Canonical. Kind of like how money from the Amazon plugin for Banshee generates money for different projects.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: Mythbuntu and Amazon Video on Demand

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Agreed that browsing internet video with MythTV is... sub-optimal.

    My suggestion is that a dedicated plugin for Amazon VOD be developed, with a revenue share of the affiliate revenue between the Mythbuntu group, the MythTV project and, perhaps, Ubuntu/Canonical. Kind of like how money from the Amazon plugin for Banshee generates money for different projects.
    suggesting it here will get you nowhere, there are no myth devs to speak of here (well a couple, but not many).

    Go to the mailing list.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    1,419

    Re: Mythbuntu and Amazon Video on Demand

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    suggesting it here will get you nowhere, there are no myth devs to speak of here (well a couple, but not many).

    Go to the mailing list.
    Agreed that's the correct place to make the suggestion; I was curious if anyone here was already working on it or knew of such a project.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •