Thread: Add User Job mythlink.pl

Hybrid View

Beans

Add User Job mythlink.pl

I would like my recordings to have human readable names. I have read that the mythlink.pl script can do this. But I am not sure how to implement it. I would like it to run after every recording, and I want the format to be [title]-[subtitle]. Do I just add this mythweb interface under UserJob1? Do I need the full script path? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have set the script to executable.
    /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs$ sudo chmod a+x mythlink.pl

mythlink.pl --link /var/lib/mythtv/recordings --format '%T-%S'
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Add User Job mythlink.pl

Quote Originally Posted by k7_madman View Post
    I would like my recordings to have human readable names. I have read that the mythlink.pl script can do this. But I am not sure how to implement it. I would like it to run after every recording, and I want the format to be [title]-[subtitle]. Do I just add this mythweb interface under UserJob1? Do I need the full script path? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have set the script to executable.
    /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs$ sudo chmod a+x mythlink.pl

mythlink.pl --link /var/lib/mythtv/recordings --format '%T-%S'
    You are better to run this via the system event manager use the "on recording start" event.

Also you want to put the symlinks in ANOTHER directory, like /var/lib/mythtv/pretty - that leaves the originals intact, which is important!

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink...._System_Events

Beans

OK, I think I got the correct format command. I tested it and the output looks good. I guess my real question is how do I implement this....do I just make a cronjob for this?...or do I have to have it add as a userjob in mythtv itself.

/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl --link /var/lib/mythtv/videos --format '%T-%S'

Beans

No you need to read the link I gave you.