Thread: Ubuntu on Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

Hybrid View

Beans

Ubuntu on Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

Is it possible to dual boot Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the new Asus TF700T tablet (Ice Cream Sandwich OS) without losing any existing data on the tablet or voiding the warranty. Is there an "official and tested" way to do it? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbion View Post
    [...]without losing any existing data on the tablet or voiding the warranty. Is there an "official and tested" way to do it?
    I am also interested whether it's possible to install Ubuntu and I am searching for a good instruction to do it. Since a few days, the Boot Unlocker can be downloaded - but installing a second OS or other ROM on your device will definitely make you lose your warranty for that product.

Greetings and also thanks in advance!

Beans

I'm working on trying to port 12.04 to the TF700T. With any luck I'll be able to dual boot as well, and keep the old data. It's not an easy task, to be sure.

I'm not sure that my end goal will be Ubuntu. If it is, I want to try and strip as much of the fluff out of it as possible. True, this may be a quad-core machine, but I'm afraid the fluff will take too much processing power and take away from the feel of the machine.
    Last edited by kd5snu; August 1st, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

I am very interested in installing Ubuntu as well. Is there any official developers working on this, like XDA?

Beans

i have looked on XDA and no luck there i have ran the "linux installer" app on my infinity but that is not a true dual boot. it runs 12.04 on top of the ICS which like you all is not what i want to do, i want to dual boot on my infinity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Any progress?