Thread: Need help getting PARANO to work

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Need help getting PARANO to work

I'm trying to install PARANO

Here's the website for PARANO: http://parano.berlios.de/

The newest version is 0.3.5 and I've successfully installed it in Linux Mint 12 using the help file (I just followed the basic install as I really have no idea what I'm doing). Anyway it worked.

However I really like Ubuntu 12.04 (I'm in Beta 2 now but started playing around with it in Beta 1) and I want to switch full time to Ubuntu 12.04 once the final version comes out.

Here's the problem. For me PARANO is a necessity yet I can't get it to work under Ubuntu 12.04 (again Beta 2). I did the same thing I did under Linux Mint 12 (where it worked) but no joy in Ubuntu.

Can someone help with what I need to do?

I have attached the error msg that comes up when I try to run PARANO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Need help getting PARANO to work

I don't know how you installed it, but there's a deb. Did you try that?

http://prdownload.berlios.de/parano/...buntu1_all.deb

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...stall_packages

Beans
    Distro

The DEB is for 0.3.4 but there is a newer version and the change log for the newer version indicates that I need it (based on what it says and what I have i.e., it works with Windows made MD5 files that have the slash 'backwards' etc. and most of my checksums were made in Windows).

I installed 0.3.5 following the directions which consisted of basically the following:

Code:
    ./configure
    make
    make install
    Now to be clear I did this on Linux Mint 12 (64-Bit) and it worked without issues. However I've been playing with Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 (and recently I did a fresh install of Beta 2) and I really like it. In fact I want to switch to Ubuntu 12.04 once the final version comes out. So I tried the above in my Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 (32-Bit) and it doesn't work. I get an error when trying to run the program (see attachment in my first post here).

Beans
    Distro

Anyone?

I'm guessing the very simple way that I followed the directions where not correct. I mean the directions have all this OTHER stuff that you MAY or MAY NOT have to do. Apparently you have to do something more/other than what I did.

I was hoping that someone with more knowledge than myself would take a look at the install directions and figure out exactly what needs to be done when installing Parano so that it works. I just don't have that much knowledge on this stuff so I could really use the help.

Thanks@

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

You might have to do

HTML Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by souravc83 View Post
    You might have to do

HTML Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    I appreciate your input but alas I tried this and it didn't seem to fix anything.